Health & Nutrition

Head Start not only emphasizes the importance of early identification of health problems through physical and dental exams, but also works with families to learn more about health maintenance. Staff work with parents to establish a "medical and dental home" for their family and encourage parents to schedule and accompany their children to medical, dental, and immunization appointments. Children also receive vision and hearing screenings.

Our program receives Federal cash assistance to serve healthy meals to your children. Meals served at all Head Start of Yamhill County centers must meet nutrition requirements established by USDA's Child and Adult Care Food Program. 

Children who attend Head Start are served free, healthy, nutritious meals prepared by trained kitchen staff. Menus are created with the support of local WIC partners, Policy Council members and Head Start of Yamhill County nutrition staff. In the classroom, children learn about the role food plays in their health. Information on meal planning, shopping, and budgeting for food costs is made available to families.

2020-2021 Immunization Rates


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or 

3. Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Upcoming Events