Early Head Start
Early Head Start is a 0-3 home-based program working with expecting moms, babies, and toddlers to prepare families with the very youngest children for a future of being ready for school and for lifelong learning.
A Home-Based program means...
- Regularly scheduled visits for:
- You, as the parent or guardian,
- Your child(ren), and
- the Family Educator
- Parent/Child Activity Time
- We focus on your strengths as a parent and provide education about Parenting and Child Development.
Services for Pregnant Women:
- Home Visits during your pregnancy to provide education and support
- Postpartum visits to ensure baby's, mother's, and family's well-being and transition to the new baby.
- Enrollment for your child into the program at first home visit after birth.
What will Home Visits be like?
- Inclusive. You are your child's first and most important teacher!
- Together, parent and Family Educator design and plan activities to support your child's development.
- Learning games and carefully selected curriculum are used as tools to support and enhance the visits.
- Each week and 1 1/2 hours.
- Time is also built in to discuss and develop: Family Goals, Child Goals, Health and Wellness Approaches, and Community Resources.
Socialization Experiences are...
- Times to play, observe, build and develop skills, and for parent to focus on the child in a safe and nurturing setting.
- Opportunities for you and your child to strengthen your relationship with each other in a head Start setting designed for infants, toddlers, and families.
- Times to share your parenting experiences with other families.
- Developed and planned by parents and Family Educator based on goals you have set together for yourselves and your children.
- Designed to support your child's growth and development.
- Opportunities for you and your child to explore, play, and be with other children.
- One time per month for two hours.
Because EHS operates on a 12-month calendar, applications are accepted at any time throughout the year and enrollment is done on an on-going basis.
Applications are kept on file for one year and are available in English and in Spanish at each of our centers and on this website by following the link. Our administrative staff can provide bilingual support in completing the application.
Due to COVID-19, services are being provided virtually at this time.