A Birth To Five Program
Posted by Chris Sandberg on July 1 2015
Since 1985 HSYC has implemented effective program governance, shared decision making, parent involvement, and high quality services for children and families. In 2014-2015, there were 330 children age 3-5 in the Head Start program and 97 expecting moms and children age 0-3 in the Early Head Start program.
In 2012 HSYC was awarded a five-year grant to continue offering program services. These are our five-year goals:
- Support high-caliber classroom instruction that helps children be prepared to continue to make progress as they enter kindergarten.
- Support parents' efforts to fulfill their parenting roles through relationship-based practice in a culturally respective manner.
- Support family goal-setting and achievement related to self-sufficiency.
- Ensure child, maternal, and family health and wellbeing (including mental health and disabilities) through a comprehensive wellness and prevention approach.
- Cultivate and maintain community systems and partnerships that help all children and families succeed in school and in life.